If your Orbi ring light has turned pink, it signifies that your router cannot connect to the internet. In other words, it is not able to catch or transmit the WiFi signal. And in some cases, it may appear even when the internet works fine.
This can happen for various reasons, and I shall list them below. But if you’re here just for a quick solution, a simple restart or power cycle might fix it. However, if it doesn’t work, go through the Obri troubleshooting methods explained in the article below!
Why Is My Orbi Pink?
- Poor connection between the Orbi router and satellite
- Corrupted firmware or too many customizations
- Some other software glitch
- Lost of power during firmware update
- The ethernet cable is not connected properly
1. Restart Orbi Router & Satellites
The Orbi ring can light up in pink due to some temporary glitch while operating. This can be fixed with a simple reboot. A restart would eliminate any temporary issues from the system.
It will not only troubleshoot small configuration and connectivity issues but also remove the cache memory of old temporary files, which could clog the memory and slow down the device, resulting in Orbi not connecting to the internet.
Steps To Restart Orbi Router and Satellites:
- Turn off your Orbi main unit and satellites.
- Unplug and remove the devices from the power source.
- Now plug the router back in and start it up.
- Wait for a few minutes and let it boot up properly.
- Directly connect the satellite to the power source and turn it on.
- Let both devices automatically connect.
2. Check & Shift Orbi Placement
The incorrect placement of satellites can also be an issue. Simply relocate your device to deal with the situation. The best and perhaps ideal place for your internet router is in the center of your house, a little above the ground.
Additionally, and probably most importantly, your Orbi router will work properly if it is positioned close to your satellite.
Steps To Correct Your Orbi Placement:
- Place your Orbi 2-3 feet above the ground.
- The ideal gap between the Orbi router and satellite should be 60-75ft for the best network connection.
- Place the Orbi devices at opposite corners of the house.
- If you live in a two-floor house, place the Orbi devices on different floors at opposite corners.
- This way, your Orbi would boost the WiFi signal through walls.
3. Fix Loose or Damaged Connections
A big reason behind the pink light on Orbi can be loose or damaged cable connections. Even in this wireless setup, you require an ethernet cable connection from your Orbi router to the modem, which could be causing the issue.
Steps To Fix Loose or Damaged Connections:
- Unplug all the cables and plug them back in.
- Check for any physical damage or moisture in cable connectors and ports.
- Check for any damage, dust deposition, or moisture on the ports.
- Use a different pair of cables and see if it works now.
4. Resync Satellites
It’s very much possible that the Orbi router’s pink light can appear due to some connection problem between the satellite and router. And the perfect way to fix it would be to resync the Orbi devices.
This will establish a fresh connection between the devices and eliminate such issues. But before starting the resync process, ensure that the satellite and the router are close to each other.
Steps To Resync Satellites:
- First, ensure that both the router and satellite are on.
- Find the sync button on the back of the router and press it.
- Now find the sync button on the satellite and press it.
- Note that both these activities need to be done within 120 seconds.
- Now just wait and let both devices sync automatically. This process will take a few minutes.
- The LED will blink white in the initial phase and turn blue.
- After which the light will turn off, indicating a successful connection.
5. Update Firmware
A corrupted or outdated firmware can be a big reason behind the pink ring light on the Orbi satellite. There are some errors that a simple restart cannot fix. Updating the firmware can easily fix this issue.
Ensure that you frequently check for updates because that is how manufacturers address configuration and compatibility issues and improve the performance of the devices.
Steps To Update Firmware of Orbi:
- Open a browser login to your Orbi account.
- Now go to ‘Settings’ and then navigate to ‘Router Settings’.
- Now find the ‘Check for Updates’ option and click on it.
- If there’s an update available, download it.
- Now just wait and let your Orbi device update automatically.
- Do not turn off the device during this process.
6. Factory Reset Orbi Device
Some changes in settings or other problems in hardware/software can also cause such connectivity issues. The best way of dealing with such a problem is resetting the Orbi router to factory settings.
Note: Please keep in mind that this will erase your old settings, password, and Wi-Fi name, and you’d have to re-connect from all devices again.
Steps To Factory Reset Orbi Device:
- Turn on the Orbi device.
- Now find the reset button on the back of the device.
- Gently push a paperclip or any other thin object into the button.
- Press and hold the button for about 10 seconds.
- Release the button once the Orbi starts blinking amber.
- This indicates that your device has been successfully reset.
Now it’s time to resync the devices and see if the pink light issue is gone. If it persists, move to the next step.
7. Contact Netgear Orbi Support
If none of the methods can solve your Orbi WiFi pink light issue, it’s best to get help from a professional. Without wasting any more time, contact Netgear Orbi support. You can also get in touch with them by calling on 1 (888) 638-4327.
The team will gladly assist you in resolving not only the issue. They can also get your faulty device replaced at home, and you can also get it replaced free of cost if it’s under warranty.
Also learn about other Orbi lights/colors:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are seeing a solid pink light on your Orbi, it means that your router or satellite unit is unable to connect to the internet due to some connection error.
There can be various reasons behind having a solid pink light on your Orbi router. These can include if your router’s firmware is corrupted or if there is another error in the router’s software. It can also happen if there is a poor connection between your Orbi devices or if one of your devices is faulty.
Fixing the pink light on your Orbi will require you to pinpoint the reason causing this issue. For starters, try restarting your Orbi and see if it works. You can also try bringing the router and satellite close and resyncing them. Lastly, reset the Orbi and bring it to factory settings.
During the initial boot-up, you should see a blinking white light on your Orbi router, which shall turn off automatically after finishing the boot-up. On the other hand, you should see the LED ring on your Orbi satellite flashing white during the start-up process. After which it shall turn blue, indicating a solid connection between the two devices and eventually turning off.
So that was everything you needed to know about the pink Orbi light. I hope, by now, your issue has been fixed, and your internet is restored. If you’ve any further queries, feel free to put them in the comments box below. I’ll try my best to get back to you!
Leave a Reply