If you’re tired of the slow Windstream internet or are unsatisfied with their Phone, TV, or security services, you’re at the right place.
Cancelling Windstream doesn’t take long, but one must learn about its cancellation policy, early termination fee (ETF), and things to do after disconnection. Before I discuss all that, have a look at the alternative options from the service provider:
- Pause your services for up to six months.
- Change the ownership and billing info.
- Transfer the service to your new address.
- Downgrade or upgrade your current plan.
- Get a replacement for slow or dated equipment.
- How To Cancel Windstream Services?
- Can You Cancel Bundled Phone or TV Service but Keep the Internet Active?
- Windstream Cancellation Policy & Fees
- Cancelled? What To Do Next?
- Frequently Asked Questions
How To Cancel Windstream Services?
There are 4 ways you can disconnect a Windstream service, which are:
- Call customer care at 1-800-347-1991
- Send email to email@example.com
- Live chat with the support
- Visit a nearby store find it here
Below I have explained all four methods, relevant information, and pro tips.
1. Call Customer Care
This is the easiest and the best way to cancel Kinetic Internet by Windstream.
Call customer care support at 1-800-347-1991 and tell them you wish to cancel the service. They would try to retain you by giving offers or slashing the bill but stick firmly to your decision.
Verify your ownership and get the confirmation. Once the request is processed by ISP, you’ll get the confirmation over email.
2. Send an Email
You can also terminate your Windstream Services through email. Mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘I want to cancel my subscription’.
In the email, make sure to mention the following details:
- Your account details, including your name, address, number, etc.
- The reason why you want to cancel the service.
Mentioning all these will ease out the whole process of Windstream service cancellation. Now, wait for about 24-48 hours for a revert. Provide any extra info if they ask in the follow-up email. Finally, get the cancellation confirmation.
3. Live Chat Support
Another way to stop Windstream service online is with the help of their live chat support service. You can use that to connect with a live agent and raise the request for cancellation.
In order to access chat support, follow the steps below:
- Head over to the support page of Windstrea’s official website.
- Scroll down to find the Live Chat option.
- Click on it and provide the required information.
- Raise the request for cancellation to the live agent.
- Verify your ownership.
- Get the confirmation in your email.
4. Visit The Windstream Store
Lastly, you can also walk in directly to any nearby Windstream store and ask the store person to cancel your service.
This is the most effective and straightforward way of ending the Windstream contract and account. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Windstream Retail Store Directory and find a nearby store.
- Walk into the store and ask the person to cancel your service.
- Provide the required account information.
- Take your rented equipment and return it right there.
- Get the cancellation confirmation.
Can You Cancel Bundled Phone or TV Service but Keep the Internet Active?
Similar to other popular service providers, Windstream also lets its users make changes in their current plans.
You can call the customer support team at (800) 347-1991 and tell them you wish to cancel the TV or phone service and keep the internet plan. You can also reach them through the live chat service or email.
The changes will take effect at the end of the billing cycle, and there won’t be any extra fee. There won’t be any change required in the equipment.
Windstream Cancellation Policy & Fees
Windstream does not charge any cancellation or early termination fees to customers who cancel their service. Windstream has no contract plans, so you can cancel anytime you wish without worrying about a cancellation fee.
There are generally no extra charges until you fail to return the rented equipment or there’s a due from your side. Keep these things in your mind before canceling to avoid any last-minute surprises.
Cancelled? What To Do Next?
There are still a few things you need to know after canceling the service. Firstly, you must return the rented equipment to them to avoid an unreturned equipment fee. Secondly, you should know what to expect from your final bill.
1. Return ISP-Supplied Equipment
Once you have canceled the services, you must return all the rented equipment to them, including the modem, router, digital receivers, cables, etc. You get 30 days after cancellation to return the equipment. Failing to do so would cost you the retail price of the equipment on your final bill.
Steps to Return Windstream Equipment:
- Call the customer support team at 1-800-347-1991.
- Tell them you wish to return the rented equipment.
- They will send a shipping box to your address.
- Pack all the rented equipment carefully in that box and send it back to them.
- You can also return the equipment to any nearby Windstream store.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt.
2. Pay The Final Bill
Your final bill will arrive on the usual billing cycle date. There would be no change in that. You can pay the final bill via various methods – by calling (800) 347-1991, by mail, paying to the person in-store, or through the online portal.
Just make sure to disable any autopay services if you have enabled them. This is to ensure that the final bill is correct and that you will not be charged for anything extra or unnecessary.
Note: If you paid any deposit while the installation, it will be adjusted in the final bill.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cancel your it online. Reach out to them via the live chat support feature available on their website’s support page. Just provide the agent with your account information and get the cancelation confirmation.
No. You will lose access to your Windstream email address if you cancel the service. To maintain your email connections, utilize an email platform such as Gmail to import all your contacts. Additionally, set up a new email account, enable email forwarding to replicate your new Windstream emails to your updated service, and notify individuals on your contact list about your new email address.
No, Windstream does not charge any early termination fee for canceling their service. This is because it longer offers any contract-based services. You will be charged on a month-on-month basis, and you can cancel anytime you wish without incurring any termination charge.
You can cancel Kinetic internet at any time if you do not have a contractual agreement. There are no hidden fees or early termination charges for canceling the service.
You can call Windstream’s customer support team at (800) 347-1991 and raise your request for cancelation. They are available from Mon to Sun, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm (ET), so you can reach out to them anytime, and they’ll help you.
That was all about ending Windstream services, and I hope you know everything regarding the cancelation process now. All the above-mentioned methods are tried and tested. If you still have questions, let me know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply